New 1933 project

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
Tazmantic

Re: New 1933 project

Post by Tazmantic »

Thanks for that Clive, does it stick out far enough because the one on the 33/12 is quite long?

Neil
Everyday’s a learning curve.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Tazmantic wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:04 pm Hi Rob, many thanks Ill send an email now as for the parts I've had a quick look and got confused Ill need to sit and study it later.

Cheers Neil
Go to page 51 in the book.
Ashampoo_Snap_27 March 2022_18h31m48s_002_.jpg
Look for page 51 old part no's to new. Look to see if the old part number you want has been given a new pt. no. you need to use to find the part from dealers lists etc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive

Post by clive »

Tazmantic wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:20 pm Thanks for that Clive, does it stick out far enough because the one on the 33/12 is quite long?

Neil
A good point. If you email the seller to ask about the dimensions via eBay he will answer I am sure. On my bike I struggled to get the two gears in line but by putting the mag right up against the back of the inner chaincase it worked. As I was having to manufacture (bodge together from bits and pieces) the mag platform I was able compensate. It might be possible for the manufacturer to produce a deeper back plate. I am sure he is using a cnc machine so once he has developed the instructions he could be selling to a new range of machines. Worth asking.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Tazmantic

Post by Tazmantic »

Sent him a message and it’s something he’s looking into possibly doing in the future but not for a while. Also what’s the chances of finding a tank that would fit? It came with a matchless one but I’m not sure it will fit as I can’t get it over the top tube and also I think it’s a bit long :thumbdown:
Everyday’s a learning curve.