Pre-War Discussion Forum

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
Mythos1

Pre-War Discussion Forum

Post by Mythos1 »

Good Evening,
I have just joined the club, and i have 2 AJS at present both 1926 a G8 & G5 model all in working order. I was wondering now we are looking more likely to be in another lockdown phase, i was wondering if anybody would be interested in a monthly Video Conferencing call [Zoom/Teams etc..] I belong to a number of other clubs and this seems to be how they are keeping in touch. Happy to run a session if anybody is interested.
SPRIDDLER

Re: Pre-War Discussion Forum

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Welcome, Steve.
Sussex section has been running Zoom monthly club nights since the Lockdown. First Weds of each month. We get around ten participating although all AMOC members from anywhere are invited. Three or four of the Zoom participants have pre - 1930 bikes and one has just restored and ridden (to much amusement) a three wheeled Wall Autowall bicycle attachment.
We all get notification of upcoming Zooms by email from our Hon. Delectable Secretary.
An earlier post in the 'General' forum explains how it happens:

http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... hilit=zoom

We'd be delighted for you to join us (we natter about all sorts, not just bikes) so send an email request to Christine at the section address in the Jampot mag. (I don't want to show it on an open Forum).

I believe there's also a Yahoo! Groups pre-war website.
Sprid.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

SPRIDDLER wrote:Welcome, Steve.
Sussex section has been running Zoom monthly club nights since the Lockdown. First Weds of each month. We get around ten participating although all AMOC members from anywhere are invited. Three or four of the Zoom participants have pre - 1930 bikes and one has just restored and ridden (to much amusement) a Wall Autowall.
We all get notification of upcoming Zooms by email from our Hon. Delectable Secretary.
An earlier post in the 'General' forum explains how it happens:

http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... hilit=zoom

We'd be delighted for you to join us so send an email request to Christine at the section address in the Jampot mag. (I don't want to show it on an open Forum).

Sprid.
Steve is not showing up as a club member Neville, so will not see Christines contact details in Jampot. He will of cause only have free use of the club forum for the allowed time limit.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Ah, I hadn't noticed that. Ta.
I won't give out a personal email address on any website.
raffles

Post by raffles »

Rob Steve does show as a member.Welcome Steve
Tony
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Steve only joined a couple of days ago so won't have rec'd a Jampot mag with section details, but.......
I've just discovered that members and non-members can find the official section contact details on the main website, even without logging on:

http://www.jampot.com/Sections.asp

(Which is fine as they're 'official' not personal email addresses).
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

raffles wrote:Rob Steve does show as a member.Welcome Steve
Tony
I still do not see "member" below his name. His profile say's registered member.
Mythos1

Post by Mythos1 »

Hello
Thanks for the reply, but when I clicked on the link I was told I did not have permission to join the group!.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Bentley1 wrote:Hello
Thanks for the reply, but when I clicked on the link I was told I did not have permission to join the group!.
You did not have permission Steve because you are not a paid up club member, you are a guest for a limited time of 90 days on the forum.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I've just logged out completely and searched as if I was a non subscriber and could open the second link I gave previously...........
Steve only joined a couple of days ago so won't have rec'd a Jampot mag with section details, but.......
I've just discovered that members and non-members can find the official section contact details on the main website, even without logging on:

http://www.jampot.com/Sections.asp

(Which is fine as they're 'official' not personal email addresses).
Anyway the Sussex section address in the public domain is : sussex@jampot.com

I may have over-egged the pudding as although several have pre-war machines we don't actually talk about them much but we do talk about bikes and rallies etc. and have considerable expertise on cholesterol levels and replacement hips. :rofl: (That IS a bit of a joke ;) )