Trials Bike ?

Information relating to the Matchless G85 500cc Heavyweight, AJS 7R, Matchless G45 and Matchless G50
db133

Re: Trials Bike ?

Post by db133 »

Rob Harknett wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:37 am I noticed you have now posted your AJS bike pictures in the " Photo's " section. They are of, engine and gearbox numbers and one showing a Matchless timing cover. There is also a club dating certificate. ( but no photo, of the frame number ) The certificate is dated January 1996. At the bottom two more stamping's have been added, the round stamping shows the date March 1996. The square stamping states the bike is registered PFO. I think you will find PFO is an age related number issued during 1996. The bike consisting of parts from various years and models.
Dating has come a long way since 1996. Far more information is now available and in digital format. The club dating officers have gained another 25 years knowledge since 1996 to add to this. Roy is probably now the most experienced Dating Officer the club has ever had. DVLA rules have also tightened up lot. Just enjoy your bike for what it is. An old bike built from many models & years to enjoy riding.
two different bike one is ajs the other matchless

confused I know I am

kind regards