Front Brake cable retainer

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
Mick D

Front Brake cable retainer

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Reviewing the available photos it looks like there is a clip or something retaining the front brake cable to the fork slider at the mudguard bridge rear RH stud. I can't see a reference to this in any of the parts lists so am wondering if this is an aftermarket addition or part of the bridge.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a part number or post a photo of this retainer so as I can source / make something similar?

Regards Mick
Reynard24

Re: Front Brake cable retainer

Post by Reynard24 »

On my 1965 G15mkII and 1964 M18 (both deeply valenced mudguards) there is a clip welded to the outside of the mudguard, this is chromed on the G15 and painted on the M18.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

There isn't one on the CSR's or hasn't been on the ones I've had.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Thanks Reynard24 - this one looks like it's fitted to the bridge:
Brake Cable Clip.png
Rob - That's your bike isn't it :? :?
GJJ 215C.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive

Post by clive »

Reynard24 wrote:On my 1965 G15mkII and 1964 M18 (both deeply valenced mudguards) there is a clip welded to the outside of the mudguard, this is chromed on the G15 and painted on the M18.
Same clip on my G15mkII with the valanced mudguard. So i reckon it must be on the bridge on the CSR.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Mick D wrote:Thanks Reynard24 - this one looks like it's fitted to the bridge:
Brake Cable Clip.png
Rob - That's your bike isn't it :? :?
GJJ 215C.png
Regards Mick
Do you know what, I must be losing the plot! Yes it is and I've just been out to check. Think I need to lie down, too much going on with spares! :headbang: :headbang: What would you like to know about it and I'll get out there with a vernier and ruler.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Thanks Rob

Just a general photo would be good, so as I can see it's form and how it's attached to the bridge. Width of the strip it's made from and centre to centre distance from the bridge mounting studs. I'll find some mirror stainless to make one from.

Regards Mick