Carburetter Attachment?

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
Mick D

Carburetter Attachment?

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I'm trying to sort out the carburetter attachments on my G15CSR. I've sorted the stud dimensions but from the parts list the carbs appear to be retained by three studs and a screw, the list also details nuts, part number E3231.

Can anyone advise what this nut is? I know it's a 5/16" BSCY thread, but is it a reduced hex or some other variant? and could you advise of the location and type of the screw, (I assume it will be a 5/16" 18TPI Whit screw but what head does it have?)

Regards Mick - (Currently also struggling to part the crank cases :x )
ajscomboman

Re: Carburetter Attachment?

Post by ajscomboman »

They are reduced head nuts and again you are correct with the screw thread and it's an Allen socket screw.
Mick D

Re: Carburetter Attachment?

Post by Mick D »

Thanks Rob

Now sourced suitable nuts, studs and screw but it's not obvious to me where the screw should go, (maybe because I don't have any bodywork installed - I'm using a standard and chopped Monobloc with intake trumpets).

Numbering from left to right looking forward, which threaded hole is the screw located? Any idea why?

Regards Mick