Indicators

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
Ajaydave

Indicators

Post by Ajaydave »

Where would I fit the actual indicators themselves, I,m puzzled, searching for suitable mounting points,
dave16mct

Re: Indicators

Post by dave16mct »

The most popular mounting for front indictors is on an extended headlamp bolt similar to the earlier sidelights. Some put them on a badge bar, or clamp on the handlebars or fairing. At the rear fix to the rear number plate mounting, on a rear rack, or a bracket on the 2 lifting handle bolts or on a topbox. I've just fitted them to my Model 20, using extended headlamp bolts. It's a turning exercise on the lathe. Hex stainless bar turned down and threaded 5/6" BSCY. Then drilled and threaded M10 and finally drilled through for the wires. At the back I made a stainless bracket on the 2 lifting hande bolts to fix the indicators on. They're the chrome bullet type converted to LED and very effective.
Dave.
Taid

Post by Taid »

For the front I have rearview mirrors with built in indicators, but these require 12v .. I thought about barend nirrors with indicators, but v expensive and require holes drilling in the handlebars for the wiring ..

I decided against near the headlight because I have noted that I find it difficult at times to see flashers against the headlights of some cars .. and I want mine to be well visible ..
Last edited by Taid on Thu May 19, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___

Now sold ... 1956 AJS 16MS Bitsa .. HSU 414 .. rebuilt/re-registered 1987
AFPU

Post by AFPU »

This is where I have mounted mine (work in progress though)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gary
"Any fool can make things complicated but it takes a genius to make things simple"
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Have you drilled through the headlamp threaded nuts to fit the 10mm indicators?
Dave
Ajaydave

Post by Ajaydave »

Thanks everyone, lots of good ideas,
AFPU

Post by AFPU »

Dave....afraid so. Well actually reamed them out so as to fit the indicator stems. A bit drastic but I could still remove the indicators and fit the original headlamp bolts albeit with separate (not captive) nuts on the back.
Gary
"Any fool can make things complicated but it takes a genius to make things simple"