Ammeter Wiring Posts

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
AFPU

Ammeter Wiring Posts

Post by AFPU »

I am in the process of re-assmebling the headlamp shell on my 1961 G12 CSR and have a query on the ammeter wiring.

On disassembing the unit I marked the wiring posts as A & B, but now on reassembly I am not sure as the A & B are between two posts so I am not sure which is the terminal and which is that for the securing bracket. However, one set of posts/threads are thinner than the others, so any suggestions as to which are the terminals?

Note to self to be more specific when marking up things in the future!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gary
"Any fool can make things complicated but it takes a genius to make things simple"
ajscomboman

Re: Ammeter Wiring Posts

Post by ajscomboman »

Small ones for the bracket, the give away is looking at the ammeter in use, the terminal posts have to be the same as charge or discharge, the ammeter needle can't work north to south! :D
AFPU

Re: Ammeter Wiring Posts

Post by AFPU »

ajscomboman wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:41 pm Small ones for the bracket, the give away is looking at the ammeter in use, the terminal posts have to be the same as charge or discharge, the ammeter needle can't work north to south! :D
Many thanks!!

Problem solved.
Gary
"Any fool can make things complicated but it takes a genius to make things simple"