Seat & Stand

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
spookefoote1956

Seat & Stand

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Went round to see my mate Aston John today as he's got a, new to him, CSR 650. He was having trouble starting it and getting it on the stand and needed a couple of tips. He's recently got back into the scene but regularly rides modern vehicles.

Long story short. Showed him a couple of techniques to help out and he got the hang of it. The centre stand looks new but I'm certain it's not one of the "special" ones as it's a right battle getting it to stand on it. Could someone please advise if it is a "special" one or if one is available for this model.
20210914_111353_resized.jpg
The other issue is Aston John is like me and is lacking in the long leg department. Is this the right seat? Is there a thinner one available for the shorter gentleman? Or are we better just getting the foam cut down to suit.
20210914_111834_resized.jpg
Many thanks, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Duncan

Re: Seat & Stand

Post by Duncan »

Hi Chris, its not one of the "Swift" stands, the feet extensions look odd/different to standard, it may be possible to weld rockers onto them to ease the lift. don't add to the overall height though the higher the lift the harder it gets keep a wheel just off the ground.

Is it a 19" or 21" front wheel that can sometimes create a need for a longer centre stand.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Let’s wait for Mr S but I would say it’s not the correct factor stand someone has added the extra feet.
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Well as it happens Chris I do have one for a CSR. I'll PM you the details in reply to your mail.
spookefoote1956

You're a gent. I'll pass the details on to John
clive

Post by clive »

The seat on my G11CS is much thinner, mind you Hilary will only go short distances on it as there is only about an inch of foam above the mudguard at the back. No idea if one this thick is available now , I believe mine to be original spec. Its comfy enough at the front!
20190626_162906 crop.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
spookefoote1956

Nice one Clive. The bike looks beautiful.