Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
CootsyUK

Re: CSR Rear Mudguard

Post by CootsyUK »

Got it. Thanks dave16mct.
mdt-son

Re: CSR Rear Mudguard bridge

Post by mdt-son »

CootsyUK wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:02 pm I need one of the rear mudguard bridge pieces too, for my 1967 CSR. I know what they are but I've never actually seen one so not quite sure what I'm looking for. Can't find any pictures of one.
I believe you are chasing a ghost. I've never seen a bridge for the rear mudguard, or even holes in the mudguard indicating there ever was one.

Late 1965-68 G15 CS/CSR rear mudguards had 3 fixings:
* Lower bracket near the S/A pivot (1 bolt)
* Mudguard clamp which goes around rear subframe transverse tube (2 bolts)
* Mudguard support tube (loop) (2 bolts).

The 1966-68 spares list mentions "support bridge bracket bolts", etc. which is confusing. I believe this was a glitch.
They should have written "support tube (loop) bracket bolts", etc. There are two tabs facing down at the support tube.

026221 Support bridge was fitted to 1960-67 G60CS and 1960-63 G12CS/CSR only. It will not fit the G15CS/CSR models as the subframes are different.

- Knut
CootsyUK

Post by CootsyUK »

Just seen this. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

There is a good classic bike show at the Scottish motorbike show which should be back on (after covid) early next year and there's always AJS/Matchless bikes in it. Hopefully, I'll see what others have done.

Tony.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I'm confused - what model CSR are you referring to? An earlier G12 first registered in 67, (as suggested by the forum posted in), or a G15 as suggested by the fact that there were no 67 G12s?

When I restored my G15CSR I couldn't find a supplier for the clamp on the transverse tube so I made my own and an associated backing plate:
R Mudguard Bridge.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CootsyUK

Post by CootsyUK »

Sorry Mick I've just seen your post reply. My bike is a 1967 G12 CSR and the thing I'm looking for is not the clamp in your photo, it's the tube it's fastened to, not the clamp holding it to the mudguard.
Cheers Mick.
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Have you tried Russell Motors at Clapham Junction, Les might be able to help you out.