Dove ?

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
moley

Dove ?

Post by moley »

Hi all

Does anyone know if they are still making the valves ? Can't seem to get hold of them ?

Andy
clive

Re: Dove ?

Post by clive »

I was in touch with Andrew Dove about 4 weeks ago. He was still producing his valves then, mine is now fitted and preventing wet sumping on my G11CS. Whilst talking with Andrew he mentioned that he now both glues and pins the electrical switch to the valve because of a change in the seals in the valves meaning he cannot dismantle them.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I saw Andrew at the last Jampot rally in Hampshire. He's a remarkable enthusiast. I'm pretty sure he is (over?) 90yrs old now and even though he was in his open top Saab I'm pretty certain he was camping with a tent. Makes me feel a right wimp!
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
The-Pope

Post by The-Pope »

Hi - First post here as I am starting to Restore a '57 Model 30. I have had the chaincase full of oil issue. The bike will rarely be used and I think the best idea will be an Anti sumping valve but one that cannot be forgotten. I can't seem to find a link on searching for the Dove Valve and I can't find it on the AMOC shop either. Am I searching the wrong term please/ how can I purchase one. Second question would be how is it fitted? the oil pipes look plastic but presume they are copper underneath?
Thank you
Taid

Post by Taid »

Kingpin components do a tap that can be used for magneto or coil ignition ..

No connection, other than I'm considering it for my m31 ..

Feked also do one, which I have on my 16ms, but not totally happy with it ..
___

Now sold ... 1956 AJS 16MS Bitsa .. HSU 414 .. rebuilt/re-registered 1987
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

I am using A.Dove's tap. Excellent. And you can test the cut out to stop de engine. I have added a pressure gauge : belt and braces ! Kingpin looks fine, but seems to be only available in 1/4 or 3/8. So it is not easy to fit it on a twin.
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Just a precision : Kingpin sells barbed unions 3/8 in 12 mm. So no problem to fit on the twins.
Taid

Post by Taid »

JEAN-NOEL wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:00 pm I am using A.Dove's tap. Excellent. And you can test the cut out to stop de engine. I have added a pressure gauge : belt and braces ! Kingpin looks fine, but seems to be only available in 1/4 or 3/8. So it is not easy to fit it on a twin.
there is a series of 'hosetails for 6,8,10, and 12 mm hoses to fit the double female taps.
___

Now sold ... 1956 AJS 16MS Bitsa .. HSU 414 .. rebuilt/re-registered 1987
Groily

Post by Groily »

You would have to unsolder the upper (oil tank side) nut & spigot from the body of the thing if wanting to fit a different diameter. The engine side is a simple 'undo'.
An unused one I have here - it's a few years old and might not be typical of all versions - has 5mm holes in the brass spigots. The 'upper' nut is heavily soldered to the chromed brass body with the valve in it. I could take a pic if anyone is that interested . . . and if anyone actually wanted it, happy to discuss.
Mr Dove's long-standing advertisements don't seem to appear any more in the Jampot. Hardly a surprise if he really is 90 or more years old!
clive

Post by clive »

Mr Andrew Dove asked that the adverts were stopped some time ago and yes i think you are right about his age.
Clive Adverts Editor.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix