Current prices for G11

Information relating to the Matchless G11 or AJS Model 30 600cc twin
Anderson25q

Current prices for G11

Post by Anderson25q »

Hello all,

I hope this is the correct section to post this question. Forgive me if not, I’m fairly new to forums/internet vehicle communications!

I have an 1958 unrestored but fantastic condition G11 - well maintained. The time has come for me to do boring content insurance and to update the vehicle insurances for all the bits in my barn. I had a look in various places about the current value of a G11 but I couldn’t find anything. Could anyone here advise me on rough price thresholds?
SPRIDDLER

Re: Current prices for G11

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Welcome to the forums. Your post is fine in the G11 section.
I'm not familiar with prices of twins but it's a good move to get 'Agreed value' cover for the G11 otherwise you could be into haggling over a realistic 'market price' if the worst happens. Insurers will require photos to grant it.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
clive

Post by clive »

You probably need to look at current adverts from dealers on the Internet and then take off perhaps 10% or so for a private sale but perhaps use the dealers price if valuing for insurance purposes as this is what you would have to pay if you wanted a quick replacement following theft etc. The club (Kettering Classics) currently has a nice 56 G11 for sale at £3995.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
OEW591

Post by OEW591 »

I agree with Clive's suggestions. I would look at more conventional dealers prices as a better guide for insurance purposes. Kettering Classics, being part of the club do not have the same profit margins built into bike prices that a more conventional dealer would. Kettering is not looking to make a living from bike sales, just make a sufficient profit to invest in the manufacture of spares. Generally, I would say Kettering prices are £500 to £1000 lower than most dealers for equivalent bikes.

Kettering is the place to buy if you are looking for another bike. The G11 at £3995 is IMHO a bargain!