Hi new member AJS m30 Matchless g11 1957

Information relating to the Matchless G11 or AJS Model 30 600cc twin
ACATandABastard

Hi new member AJS m30 Matchless g11 1957

Post by ACATandABastard »

Hi people, but of anticlimax to be honest because I’ll need to host photos b4 posting I realise.

I’m very very very happy to have found myself an 1957 Ajs g11 . Will post pics, seams so original I think I need a new magnito and possibly a primary Cush too. What’s the best way of having nice long chats about these parts and where I can find them in UK?

Thanks very much for this forum, it is a unbelievable chunk of information for me to delve through , :)
Thanks, Jake , Liverpool.
clive

Re: Hi new member AJS m30 Matchless g11 1957

Post by clive »

Hi Jake if you want discussion the forum is fine if you want to advertise for parts its not. As a guest member you could use our advertising system for £5 or if you join the club as a paid up member they are free.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Hi Jake,
definately worth joining the club. Where abouts are you? We have a good North West section which is just getting going again after covid. Well worth visiting for advice and help.
Dave.
ACATandABastard

clive wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:37 pm Hi Jake if you want discussion the forum is fine if you want to advertise for parts its not. As a guest member you could use our advertising system for £5 or if you join the club as a paid up member they are free.
That’s good info thanks, I’m absolutely looking for places and people and conversation more than advertising for parts and yep I’m looking at becoming a member this week. Thanks very much.
ACATandABastard

dave16mct wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:59 pm Hi Jake,
definately worth joining the club. Where abouts are you? We have a good North West section which is just getting going again after covid. Well worth visiting for advice and help.
Dave.
Cheers Dave, I’ve got a workshop I live above on the north docks of Liverpool, so a NW section is exactly what I’m looking for, thanks for reply, where do you usually meet up in real world when Covid isn’t winning?
I’m defo signing up with morning coffee, thanks!
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

We normally meet at Charnock Richard FC clubhouse Charter Lane ( just off the A49) on the first thursday of the month at 8pm, but at the moment it's closed so we've been given the cricket pavillion opposite to meet in. One of our regular members has an AJS 57 model 30 another has a 56 model 30. We've just come back from a 5 day ride-out to the Northern Lakes. You can have a look at our website on: ajsmatchlessnw.org.uk
Dave.
Matt_in_QLD_Aus

Post by Matt_in_QLD_Aus »

Hi there,
I've also recently bought the same (AJS M30, 1957). I have recently joined this club and this is my first posting.
I'm a bit of a digital immigrant (i.e., I often have problems using "internet stuff", so I'm on a bit of a learning curve).
I live in Central Queensland (Australia) and am looking forward to joining a local vintage bike club, as well as joining in the various discussion forums like this one.
For this post, I tried to attach an image of my bike, but to no avail! So I'll try later.
In the mean time... I am looking forward to getting some response to this posting so I know that I'm am up-and-running.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Matt_in_QLD_Aus wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:47 am In the mean time... I am looking forward to getting some response to this posting so I know that I'm am up-and-running.
Welcome Matt. ;)

Welcome Mat..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
clive

Post by clive »

Hi Matt, you will get used to Spriddler, we all have to :o (This will comment will probably encourage him to post the picture of me offering him cake about 10 years ago although it gets recycled regularly!) To post a picture click the box for "full editor and preview" this will then allow you to click on "attachments" and "add files" once you have done that click where you want it to go and click on "place in-line". Note that the photo has to be less than 3MB which may not be the case if your phone camera is on the highest setting.
Welcome to the club.
no label.jpg
Golden Eagle at the 2020 New Zealand Jampot Rally uploaded so I could explain how :headbang:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I'll ignore Bodger Clive's praise.

I posted an illustrated guide to posting photos in a previous reply (same as Clive's description above but with screen shots) so you may find it helpful if you open the link below .

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27956&p=237049&hil ... os#p237049
clive wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:57 am (This will comment will probably encourage him to post the picture of me offering him cake about 10 years ago although it gets recycled regularly!)
Well, it'd be rude not to.
Clive's b'day.jpg

So it's no surprise that it was hard work on his 350 with Hilary on t' pillion riding around 800 miles to the International Jampot rally in Italy.
Clive at St Bernard pass.jpg
Hilary at St Bernard pass.jpg
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'