Grease for Tecalemit

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
Simkat

Grease for Tecalemit

Post by Simkat »

I was a lucky lad and received a Tecalemit grease gun for my birthday. What is the best grease to use with it, as the mobil no.4 recommended in the manual doesn't appear to be available anymore?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mick D

Re: Grease for Tecalemit

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I use Castrol LM, it's a multi purpose Lithium grease - though I don't use my Tecalamit gun, I prefer the ease of a more modern one, the Tecalamit is for show :oops:

Regards Mick
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I also use Castrol LM and I think it's the same 5kg drum that has been in my shed since leaving the motor trade around 50 years ago and it's still 1/4 full so it'll see me out.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Mick D wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:25 pm Hi

I use Castrol LM, it's a multi purpose Lithium grease - though I don't use my Tecalamit gun, I prefer the ease of a more modern one, the Tecalamit is for show :oops:

Regards Mick
I use mine all the time, find it much easier for things like the speedo gearbox and the brake expanders for the wheels I use the next size up. Both must be older than me, nicked from the old man. Or should I use the word borrowed! :rofl:
Simkat

Post by Simkat »

Thanks for the info guys, LM it is!
magnusk750

Post by magnusk750 »

If not an old Tecalemit gun, what modern guns can be recomended? They seem to have bulky nozzles, all of them.
jackstringer

Post by jackstringer »

I have 2 or 3 of them in the shed, one has ep2, another normal grease and the third has some molly in it. Handy for topping up when your doing the visual checks.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Other than the Tekelmit, I use a Wanner with LM and another Wanner with liquid grease for the gearbox.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi Magnusk750

You can use a needle adaptor to enable a modern gun to service original nipples:
Needle Adaptor.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.