Newby classic owner

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
Simkat

Newby classic owner

Post by Simkat »

Hello all, I've just joined as I have purchased a '57 G9. Although I've had bikes all my life it's my first classic, well late seventies was the previous oldest, but mostly modernish stuff so I have a lot to learn!
Anyway, I'm glad to be here...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raffles

Re: Newby classic owner

Post by raffles »

Hello Simon
welcome to the club . The bike looks really good and I am sure that any assistance you may need will
be forthcomming. There are two sections in hampshire and you will be very welcome at both
Tony
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hi Simon, welcome to the club, you have an excellent looking bike.

The Hampshire section are just coming out of their post covid hibernation and we may well have a last minute organised section gathering on Thursday 17th evening if you feel like testing your powerful headlight. The section email is hampshire@jampot.com .

f you are in the top of Hampshire the Wey Valley ad-hoc meetings are currently happening on Saturdays if there are no other events on, a good excuse for a ride out, a pint and a bacon bap.
Simkat

Post by Simkat »

Thanks for the welcomes guys, I will email the hants section. Cheers.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Nice bike, as you're in Fareham you're surrounded by a few members very near and I'm only along the road in Southampton.
Simkat

Post by Simkat »

ajscomboman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:56 am Nice bike, as you're in Fareham you're surrounded by a few members very near and I'm only along the road in Southampton.
Oh that's good to know! I don't think I've ever seen a Matchless or AJS around here.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Very nice bike and poached from Essex 😂👍👍
Roy