51 G9 Engine Manuals

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
garycolwill

51 G9 Engine Manuals

Post by garycolwill »

Hello. I just bought a 1951 G9 engine and am looking for parts and service manuals and any other books or documents that can be recommended for this engine. I have downloaded 1949-1955_AJS_Twins_F.W.NEILL.pdf from the archive, which is a good start (but my neck is sore from reading sideways...).

Thanks!
Mick D

Re: 51 G9 Engine Manuals

Post by Mick D »

Hi

51 G9 User: http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Owners_m ... Manual.pdf

51 G9 Parts: http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Spares_l ... _twins.pdf

You have the option to rotate the page in Adobe - or are you laying down ;) :lol:

Regards Mick
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

garycolwill wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:36 pm I have downloaded 1949-1955_AJS_Twins_F.W.NEILL.pdf from the archive, which is a good start (but my neck is sore from reading sideways...).
If you haven't done so already may I gently suggest that you join the club? The website is maintained by members' subscriptions plus as a Guest your access to the techy info and Forums is limited and only subscribing members can purchase spares from the club.

No need to get a crick in the neck. There are functions for Zooming and rotating the pages.
Archive rotate.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
garycolwill

Post by garycolwill »

I clicked that button and now I have to stand on my head.

I'll definitely join sometime today.

Thanks for the links and sorry for the dry humor. :-)
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

garycolwill wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:17 pm I clicked that button and now I have to stand on my head. :-)
That's because you clicked on the Aussie version! Everything is upside down! :rofl: :rofl:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Workshop ... dition.pdf
I prefer a Workshop manual soon after the year of the bike, like the 1952 edition above.
In this book twins start at page 115 and there's nothing later than 1951 that may confuse you.
I am sure the + & - signs are easy to spot to enlarge or reduce page size.
The rotate symbol, a circular arrow with a dot in the middle is easy to spot now Nevile has made you aware of it.
There is another rotate option. Right click on a page, in the drop down menu you will see 2 circular arrow symbols.
One reads rotate clockwise, the other reads rotate anti clockwise.
garycolwill

Post by garycolwill »

Thanks for the links all - I've downloaded the lot. Also joined. NOTE: the "sore neck" bit was just my Ameircan humor coming out - i really do know how to click the rotate button! :-)