jampot replacement advise

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
paolo1970_LAPSED

jampot replacement advise

Post by paolo1970_LAPSED »

can anyone please confirm if the hagon rear shocks {30701CL3} will fit my 1957 16ms 350?? i know they don't come with bottom mounts so i have to use my original ones so ok with that but what about the top fitment, my top mounts are the double split type jampot type that have the slot in, same as lowers where as the hagon appears to only have on small eyelet at top. is this going to mount on just one side of the bike frame eyelet? and if so is the bush offset on shocker top or will the strut be off line a bit?? any help appreciated? any info thanks.
paolo1970_LAPSED

Re: jampot replacement advise

or would these be a good choice?? girling replicas from club shop 024180
clive

Post by clive »

The correct frame upper mount for Girling shocks is a cage which comes down either side of the bush. It sounds as though you have the earlier rear loop with the blade type frame top mount. Personally I would not advise fitting the Girlings to the earlier rear loop because as you say the strut will be out of line and stick with Jampots.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Neither will fit your jampot rype rear frame properly. I'd either stick with the jampots or get a '57 rear frame for Girlings. I've sent you an email.
Dave.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

You can buy a complete sealed unit to insert into a Jampot leg, I believe they are made by Ikon in Australia.
paolo1970_LAPSED

ajscomboman wrote:You can buy a complete sealed unit to insert into a Jampot leg, I believe they are made by Ikon in Australia.
thanks, will have a google on that.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Have a look at my post of a year ago with a photo and details after I contacted Ikon. It gives their distributor's contact details.

http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... on#p215656
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
paolo1970_LAPSED

SPRIDDLER wrote:Have a look at my post of a year ago with a photo and details after I contacted Ikon. It gives their distributor's contact details.

http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... on#p215656
thanks , yes they look like a great idea. shame about the price though. gona try rebuild mine for now , may look at them in future when I'm flush lol.