Rear brake light

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
Duncan

Re: Rear brake light

Post by Duncan »

Hi Steve, a couple of observations:
Ideally you should have a clevis pin to hold the brake rod to the brake arm as nuts and bolts can cone undone you may have a split pin on the back if so that should be okay.
The spindle adjuster should have a locking nut on it and is usually a special bolt with an extension on the head that bears on the spindle and leaves room to get a spanner on to adjust it.
I hope this helps.
G3L1946

Post by G3L1946 »

Hi Duncan,

The bolt is, in fact , a pin which has a split pin on the inside not a nut. It is not threaded. See photo to confirm this is the one you are referring to.
Well spotted re locking nuts! I fished them out of the jam jar and they will be reinstated.

Regards,

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hi Steve, that's the one, no problem there but thought I had better mention it just in case.
G3L1946

Post by G3L1946 »

Hi Duncan,

I never have a problem with good advice or suggestions being given out. After all, isn’t that a central point of this forum? I’m pretty much new to all this and it is only through such advice and support that I’ve been able to enjoy and fulfil my restoration project.
Thanks , much appreciated.

Steve