Footpegs

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
Tazmantic

Footpegs

Post by Tazmantic »

Hi 2 questions, firstly where could I get some footpegs from 😩 and secondly should there be spacers on the square foot peg bar between the engine mounting plates and between the plates and the frame.

Thanks
Everyday’s a learning curve.
Mick D

Re: Footpegs

Post by Mick D »

Hi

You don't state what bike you are enquiring about, but if you go to the relevant parts list in the archive it will identify any spacers.

Steve Surbey at AMC Classic Spares or an advert on here would be my first points of call re second hand footrests.

Regards Mick
Tazmantic

Post by Tazmantic »

Why do I keep forgetting to put the bike info 🤦??? 1955 G3LS I did look on parts but couldn’t see any but to be fair I’m a bit rubbish at finding bits on the lists 😩
clive

Post by clive »

Tazmantic wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:56 pm Why do I keep forgetting to put the bike info 🤦??? 1955 G3LS I did look on parts but couldn’t see any but to be fair I’m a bit rubbish at finding bits on the lists 😩
well it would help if you put the bike information in your personal details so that it can be checked if you forget again.

Page 40 of the 55 single parts list will give you the part numbers for the footpegs and the spacers, it even gives you the length of the spacers, its time to find your way round it if you are going to get that special up and running. :o

http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Spares_l ... ingles.pdf
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Tazmantic

Post by Tazmantic »

Thanks Clive, even with the part numbers I still can’t see pics of the parts which is where I started looking. When I get on my computer I’ll have a proper look and add bike details too my personal info.

Thanks again
clive

Post by clive »

now you have lost me. picture of parts where? The spares list don't tend to picture every part and even if they do its sometimes out of date as the pictures may not have been altered til the following year! Spacers in particular do not always get shown although they are listed. The club spares scheme only shows items that are stocked and not all are pictured.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Tazmantic

Post by Tazmantic »

AMC spares don’t have any so looking like club spares at £150 😩
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I don't know how you are getting to £150 as, although I'm thinking 1956 and may be wide of the mark, there are only three spacers on mine and even at £5 each they'd only be a tenth of the price and they're not even £5 each. Be aware they each different lengths in a set.

More info required.

Johnny B
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Tazmantic wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:07 pm Hi 2 questions, firstly where could I get some footpegs from 😩 and secondly should there be spacers on the square foot peg bar between the engine mounting plates and between the plates and the frame.

Thanks
There is an autojumble on Sunday at Sammy Millers or the following weekend at Kempton there may be some second-hand footrests there.
Tazmantic

Post by Tazmantic »

56G80S wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:21 pm I don't know how you are getting to £150 as, although I'm thinking 1956 and may be wide of the mark, there are only three spacers on mine and even at £5 each they'd only be a tenth of the price and they're not even £5 each. Be aware they each different lengths in a set.

More info required.

Johnny B

Hi Johnny B I mean £150 for the footpegs

Cheers