oil pipe feed union

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
Tazmantic

oil pipe feed union

Post by Tazmantic »

Hi what thread is the oil feed union (011924) not the end that goes into the engine but the other end it seems to measure 5/8 x 20 tpi which would make it BSC as the BSP nuts I have seem a bit loose and are these available still :(

Thanks
Everyday’s a learning curve.
Tazmantic

Re: oil pipe feed union

Post by Tazmantic »

Any ideas anyone as took it to a hydraulic/pipe manufacturer today and he didn’t know 😩
griffin

Post by griffin »

Google search...
looks like it could be 3/8" BSP 19tpi

the fitting (011924) that goes in the engine case is 1/4 bsp thread with a hole diameter of approx 8.5 mm, on the other end is a 3/8 bsp thread to accept a nut . I'm making a fitting to connect to the 3/8 end that will use 1/2 diameter tube as this is the diameter of the pipe on the oil tank.
Tazmantic

Post by Tazmantic »

Hi thanks for the reply, well after measurement of external diameter (5/8 or 0.625) and thread tpi (20) I was told it’s not bsp and the 3/8 bsp nuts tried on it were loose (I have 2 adapters) and they were both the same so I’m at a bit of a loss (so was the guy who makes hoses etc for a living) :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tazmantic

Post by Tazmantic »

I can now confirm the threads are 1/4 bsp and 5/8 20tpi as I contacted a company that makes stainless ones, this maybe of some use though I cant seem to find a nut this thread