Border section resurrection

Section covering the North East of England (including the old Border section and Northumberland section)
Eamonn
Webmaster

Border section resurrection

Post by Eamonn »

Three of us met last night at the Robin Hood. We had a good chat about bikes and about the Borders Section.

It was agreed that we would hold section meetings at the Robin Hood on the 1st Thursday of each month, from 7pm. The choice of day avoids Friday night and the weekend for members; ‘from 7pm’ gives people a chance to get turned around after work.

The first meeting will therefore be on the 3rd March 2022 from 7pm.

The website for the venue is at http://robinhoodinnhadrianswall.com/

Address: Military Rd, East Wallhouses, Northumberland, NE18 0LL
Phone: 01434 672549

There is plenty of car parking, and bike parking of course, but be aware that the road that runs in front of the inn is quite a fast straight road. So care needs to be taken entering and leaving the car park.

The inn does provide food in the evening, but would like to know in advance what people would like; they won’t charge us if someone who pre-orders doesn’t make it. Menus are on their website but they don’t do sandwiches in the evening, as I discovered yesterday.

Regards,
Simon Robinson

(nomisimon)
Corners like a Lego man
Eamonn
Webmaster

Re: Border section resurrection

Post by Eamonn »

The Border section has now been renamed "North East" to incorporate both the old sections of Border and Northumberland
Corners like a Lego man
REW

Re: Border section resurrection

Post by REW »

This is good news Simon (and Eamonn as messenger!) and I look forward to a ride up to the Robin Hood to meet you in due course. I haven't ridden there for some years and I prefer lighter nights so will pick the occasion with care.
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.