North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 6th October

Section covering the North East of England (including the old Border section and Northumberland section)
nomisimon

North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 6th October

Post by nomisimon »

Our next meeting will be on Thursday the 6th October at the Robin Hood from 7pm. (http://robinhoodinnhadrianswall.com/ NE18 0LL)

I think it's fair to say that Autumn is definitely upon us, so do check your battery is charging and your lights working if you're coming on your bike.

Hopefully there will still be many fair days before the salting season starts...just a month ago it was still daylight when the meeting finished and the weather was warm.

Remember that we have a Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/373628291432623 It’s a private group for North East Section members to share pictures and information. We’ve kept it private and for members only, to keep the spammers and scammers at bay.

See you on Thursday.

Simon
Thank God for Southby
nomisimon

Re: North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 6th October

Post by nomisimon »

The North East Section met on Thursday the 6th October as usual. It was cold, wet and dark so the turnout was less than usual.

Gordon from Morpeth, joined us for the first time. Having discussed our bike related issues, Ken suggested we have a Christmas Meal. This will be during December and at the Robin Hood, who have looked after us each month since the section was re-started. Once we’ve decided on a date, I’ll announce it in the usual way, including the magazine.

There are one or two of the members in our section that haven’t provided e-mail addresses and / or mobile telephone numbers. It is of course optional to provide them, but we can’t keep you up to date with section information without an e-mail address, and can’t get in touch urgently without a mobile telephone number. So, if you aren’t getting section e-mails, please get in touch.

If you’d like to attend the Christmas Meal please drop me a line as soon as you can so I can get an idea of numbers…you can bring your significant other should you so wish too. As a heads up, the meal is £30 per person for three courses and there will be a £10 deposit per person required to secure your spot.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some nice days ahead, before the salt is spread on the roads.
Thank God for Southby