STEAM RALLY and North East Section Club Night on Thursday 9th June

Section covering the North East of England (including the old Border section and Northumberland section)
nomisimon

STEAM RALLY and North East Section Club Night on Thursday 9th June

Post by nomisimon »

Hi everyone

Here is your reminder about our next section club night at the Robin Hood Inn from 7pm THIS THURSDAY, the 9th June.

The pub is located on the old roman road at Military Road, East Wallhouses, Newcastle upon Tyne NE18 0LL.

The weather right now, looks to be relatively warm, dry but cloudy…time to dig the bike out if you haven’t already?

The Corbridge Steam Rally is on this weekend and the weather looks good for that too. I’ve been in touch with the organisers and have purloined EIGHT free two-person passes and EIGHT vehicle exhibit badges. Basically we can take eight vintage bikes to exhibit, complete with pillion.

https://www.facebook.com/SouthTyneTract ... neSociety/

If anyone would like one of each, please get in touch with me ASAP.

Before you do though, there are some conditions they have for exhibitors, which I’m going to request clarification and possible variation thereof.

• You will need to register your bike with the stewards and be ready to go by 10am on Saturday
• They will need to see the original of your insurance
• You will not be able to remove your bike until 4pm on the Sunday, and the rally runs from Saturday

Personally, I’d consider doing one day…but not both. I certainly won’t be willing to leave my bike overnight. I’ll also be asking what they have in place to prevent the attention of sticky fingers and inconsiderate visitors. We don’t want scallies pinching filler caps and the like, and we don’t want children of any age messing with our bikes.

I’ll contact the organisers tomorrow and get back to those who express an interest.

Remember, you’ll get free entry to the rally and get a chance to show off your pride and joy.

See you on Thursday.

Simon
Thank God for Southby
56G80S

Re: STEAM RALLY and North East Section Club Night on Thursday 9th June

Post by 56G80S »

Hope you had a good meet today. As I've no motorcycle in onbe piece at the moment, I'll not make it to the Corbridge Steaam Rally.

Keep your eyes open for the Duncombe Park Steam Rally, Helmsley, where it used to be possible to camp at the venue.

Johnny B