North East Section Club Night on Thursday 9th June

Section covering the North East of England (including the old Border section and Northumberland section)
nomisimon

North East Section Club Night on Thursday 9th June

Post by nomisimon »

Greetings

We had our third meeting at the Robin Hood Inn on the 5th May 2022. Once again there were seven of us, more were expected but a couple were away from home and another had succumbed to COVID after all this time.

Three members did make the trip on two wheels…two on fairly modern bikes but one member arrived on his recently acquired 1955 AJS. He wanted to set off home before the light faded and I never got the chance to grab a photo.

People are getting to know one another now and there is always plenty to talk about. I’m planning to contact the various venues we discussed as destinations for ‘ride outs’ to find out what facilities are available; I’ll probably check out one or two personally before we go. Most are 20, 30 or 40 miles away, so we’ll need to make sure our bikes are fully checked.

IMPORTANT: The first Thursday in June is the 2nd, which is a bank holiday and many will be away with family. Dave C reminded me of this so I suggest we change the meeting for June to the SECOND THURSDAY, the 9th June.

So, our next meeting is on the 9th June at the Robin Hood Inn (http://robinhoodinnhadrianswall.com/ NE18 0LL) from 7pm.

Do try and come along.

Best wishes

Simon
Thank God for Southby