Footrest arm opinion

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
mattward

Footrest arm opinion

Post by mattward »

Hello again,

Hopefully, someone might be happy enough to pass on a second opinion for me. After having no luck via the forum I have just found this footrest arm on Ebay, the seller suggested it is from a Model16, however, I suspect it is actually a lightweight footrest arm as the curve is very much like the one I posted on here back in April. The correct footrest arm I possess is currently at a small casting outfit, whom it would seem are not having much luck with finding the time/material/motivation to give it a crack despite being very enthusiastic. So I cant look at it to compare with the Ebay find.

If anyone could confirm my suspicions about the Ebay arm I would be extremely grateful and very relieved... The pegs are the only things now missing from the bike, I have even had it running (sounds amazing :D ), but cannot start the road-worthy tests yet.

Many thanks in advance...
Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dave16mct

Re: Footrest arm opinion

Post by dave16mct »

Unfortunately that attatchment doesn't open for me. It's hard to see from the small photo but it does look like a
lightweight footrest.
Dave
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

dave16mct wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:25 am Unfortunately that attatchment doesn't open for me. It's hard to see from the small photo but it does look like a
lightweight footrest.
Dave
Wouldn't open for me either Dave but I managed to blow them up and I'd have to agree with you, I reckon they are indeed for a L/W.
mattward

Post by mattward »

Oooops my bad with the pic size, trying to keep them undersize to the extreme.

Cheers Gents, I'm wrapt you think I found the lightweight Footrest arm, I have purchased, so it looks like completeness is coming my way... :beer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.