rear engine cover

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
Al_Bolton

Re: rear engine cover

Post by Al_Bolton »

Excellent Paul, a nice, simple and CHEAP fix to a very common problem. Many thanks!

Al

Ozmadman wrote:
Al_Bolton wrote:Paul - can you post what you did to fix the centre stand somewhere
Thanks, Al
Hi Al
I only have pictures of the knackered brackets and not what they looked like once fixed so I have enclosed 3 pics (two of the knackered one and one drawing of the fix)

Just to clarify, the bolt head goes on the "wear" side and the nut just behind the welded brace on the back of the bracket. Try to keep the bolt as low as possible as the higher up the bolt the more upright the stand. I was lucky, I found some bolts with reasonably shallow heads so no filing was needed. These are easy to do as they just unbolt and as long as you don't disturb the stand (THE BIKE MUST BE ON A SIDE STAND OR RESTING AGAINST A WALL OR SOMETHING, NOT ON THE MAIN STAND) or the centre square bar that goes all the way through it will take you a few minutes each one to get off and on... JUST A SMALL CORRECTION ON MY DRAWING.. ON THE SIDE VIEW THE HOLES ARE LABELLED THE WRONG WAY ROUND, small thing but didn't want to confuse anyone!!!

Paul
colinlinden

Post by colinlinden »

Hi active997, Im not sure if you are still looking for this cover but there is one for sale on ebay at the min. Item No.160994543463
Hope this helps.
Andy.S

Post by Andy.S »

Hi Everyone
The Clubs spare scheme now have these in stock after having a small batch made Part No. 042404 grab them whilst their available.