Exhaust on my G2 CS

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Peter Evans.

Exhaust on my G2 CS

Post by Peter Evans. »

hi i have a 1962 G2 CS and i am in the middle of restoring it to its former glory. i am undecided on the pipe as i have some pictures of a CS with the high level pipe across the top of the engine but i also have some of it with a normal pipe below the engine. Which one is correct. a friend has seen one at a show recently with the high pipe and thought it looked nice. any ideas?
John Jarrett

Exhaust on my G2 CS

Post by John Jarrett »

My 1960 G2CS has a low level pipe and it looks right. If you would like any further info please get in touch.
Red Gauntlet

Re: Exhaust on my G2 CS

Post by Red Gauntlet »

I would like to buy a high level exhaust for my G2CS anyone know if they are available or is it a case of chopping a G3 trials one up and rechroming?
clive

Post by clive »

Now this is interesting just under 20 years since John Jarrett replied about his G2CS. Have you still got it John?
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rangy65

Post by Rangy65 »

Hi Max When i built my G5 trail i used a small burgess silencer and asked ALLDENS Exhausts ( 07595 448713 only has facebook page) to bend up a front pipe in Stainless.

It was about £120 - Dennis does a fantastic job fit was perfect.
Allden pipe.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Jarrett

Post by John Jarrett »

clive wrote:Now this is interesting just under 20 years since John Jarrett replied about his G2CS. Have you still got it John?
I have Clive.
clive

Post by clive »

John Jarrett wrote:
clive wrote:Now this is interesting just under 20 years since John Jarrett replied about his G2CS. Have you still got it John?
I have Clive.
:beer:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix