59 g2 wheel spacers

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Kiwiengineer

59 g2 wheel spacers

Post by Kiwiengineer »

Hi would anyone be able to tell me what spacers should be on the right hand side wheel spindle? Between the spindle and fork when right hand side when sitting on the bike. Any help would be much appreciated thank you.
09B46795-51BD-43A7-8D54-64948A34BAB9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kiwiengineer

Re: 59 g2 wheel spacers

Post by Kiwiengineer »

Left hand side seem correct
CC928E04-E2E5-49AE-9F13-80BC19A704D9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy.S

Post by Andy.S »

Hi
Find parts book link hopefully this should help , there is a picture of the front hub.
http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Spares_l ... ist_G2.pdf
Kiwiengineer

Post by Kiwiengineer »

Dose the seal cup that I am missing go over the end of the extended spindle nut as it tightens up before touching the outside it the fork. Or is the right hand nut supposed to be a little shorter than the left hand one?
Andy.S

Post by Andy.S »

Hi
There is an exploded diagram on the link i attached page 15 shows how it all goes together.
Kiwiengineer

Post by Kiwiengineer »

What’s got me is I have all the right parts but the rh extended nut won’t do up flush with the bottom of the fork, it has about 3/32 to go or is it supposed to be like that?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Kiwiengineer wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:19 pm What’s got me is I have all the right parts but the rh extended nut won’t do up flush with the bottom of the fork, it has about 3/32 to go or is it supposed to be like that?
I know zilch about L/W's but your Spacer is a lot narrower/thinner than that shown in the exploded drawing. Your 'spacer' looks more like a washer to me. It would seem that with the correct (wider) spacer the blind outer nut may fully tighten.
Axle LW spacer 2.JPG
Axle LW spacer.JPG
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

The thin washer that Spriddler has indicated is in an incorrect position or an addition - the diagram shows a spacer between a nut and the seal, (which you appear to have), nothing between the nut and the slider.

Regards Mick
Kiwiengineer

Post by Kiwiengineer »

That spacer is behind the nut inside the felt seal. The extended nut is about 3/32 longer than the thickness of the bottom of the slider seams like it should have a shorter extended nut on that side. The only thing I didn’t have in there was the cup washer but that doesn’t affect the spacing.