Spares list update

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
56G80S

Re: Spares list update

Post by 56G80S »

That's brilliant! Unfortunately I can't contribute as it's soooo long since I had a lightweight (1966 14CSR) and I really liked it.

One thing occurs to me, following on about the comment earlier on this thread, that the work could be sabotaged. I don't think, if this is in the "Private" sector of the Forum, that would happen. It may be useful to have a column where people would place their initials or username at the end of the row they've edited? If it was done by inserting a Comment (which places a small red triangle at the top right of the cell and the contents can be set to only appear when the mouse is on that cell) it wouldn't make the width of the spreadsheet larger and would provide a trail.

Didn't do it because it's a change to the format, not the content.

Well done Clanger!

Johnny B
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Thanks Jonny! It should be OK re: "sabotage". Office 365 keeps track of all changes, so it's relatively easy to back out any mistakes.
I figured that was better than trying to secure it too much...
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

Thanks clanger, already have that and was intending to include that - cheers.
Johnny, that excel thingy looks like just what I had in mind. If there anyone who is au fait with the sharing thingy that could start off those of us who'd like to contribute? There are no kids in the house to show me how!
I did make a start today copying out the first two pages of the Matchless parts book up dating it with the 1966 update list onto excel - taken me bloody ages but heads and pistons done - looks good.
Cheers
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

I cannot add an XLSX file onto this forum - any ideas?
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

The only way I know to do this is to use Office 365 (not by uploading to this site).
You can edit the file I posted directly - everyone will be able to see your changes.
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Martin.S wrote:I cannot add an XLSX file onto this forum - any ideas?
Various types of Microsoft documents (such as .XLSX, .DOCX, etc) can hold hidden macros that could contain unwanted code, so the native format MS structures are not permitted in the general areas of the Forum.

If you save the spreadsheet as CSV, you should then be able to load it into place.
Corners like a Lego man
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

" The Extension CSV is not allowed" it says!
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Martin.S wrote:" The Extension CSV is not allowed" it says!
Sorry Martin, try again now.
:)
Corners like a Lego man
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

Book2.csv
I have since added the crankcases and bearings to this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jos

Post by Jos »

Eureka! Martin.S. Thank You!
I was just beginning to make up my own G2 Parts list on Excel (or Open Office - free Excel alternative).
As an Excel fiend I just assume everyone has their own excel list to play with but that is probably very much far from the case.
I have the old Bruce Main Smith article too, but it is not endlessly searchable like an Excel file so this is Very useful as it is quite a lot of work to do.
I put together my own '52 G9 Excel Parts Lists years ago when early HP desk Jets bundled (very good) Optical Character Recognition software.
It has since grown into a monster record of everything I've done to it over the years. I can drop the simple list as a .csv if anyone is interested?
I understand the problem with "Copywright" and "filtching" and running off with someone else's work but, Hey! a personal, searchable, Parts List is a joy to have, and you can modify it to your own desire. I can now add Clanger9's improved bolt description list and have a Parts List that is almost as useful as my beautiful G9 list, albeit without the beautiful illustrations that allow one to to build to every last plain, star and spring washer!
"On and Up"