How do you connect wires into Replica WIPAC stoplight switch CONTACTS?

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Roderick

How do you connect wires into Replica WIPAC stoplight switch CONTACTS?

Post by Roderick »

How are the 2 brown cables physically connected into the contacts on a replica WIPAC stoplight switch? There are no screw clamps nor does a brass bullet terminal push in?
Let me into the secret, someone!

Rod
Red Gauntlet

Re: How do you connect wires into Replica WIPAC stoplight switch CONTACTS?

Post by Red Gauntlet »

Remove the rubber boot and the bullet connectors should just push in the end unless you have a different switch from what I am thinking (Not the oblong one), they are a bit tough to do, you might have to insert a screwdriver and ease the contacts but not too much. They are pretty crappy though and you might well end up taking the thing to bits and remaking it properly as they are wholly unreliable. Put it back together with some m2.5 hex bolts and nylocks.
If your one is the pear drop shape I have no idea as I have never fitted one of those.
Roderick

Post by Roderick »

Thanks, Max. The switch I've got is the one sold by Club Spares for the Lightweights; Pt No.900506R. Trad British brass bullet terminals won't slide into the holes in the switch - too wide but Jap bullet terminals seem to fit -sort of - but not with the rubber cap.
Rod
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

wipac.jpg
Does it look like this ? looks like a brass crimp connector , measure hole size with a drill shank then google crimp connectors of that size
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I think you will find that the holes are also slightly different sizes to add to the fun, from memory I think I removed the plastic and cut the ends off of some of the coloured crimp connectors then either folded the wire strands over them or crimped them and was still able to use the rubber boot to hide it all.
Roderick

Post by Roderick »

Yes , that's the one, Peter! Thanks for the tips, Duncan.

Rod