Sammy Miller Museum

These are the front page News Items. Only Club members can add news items to this forum.
Flash

Sammy Miller Museum

Post by Flash »

Dick. Unfortunately we cannot attend every event, although I do try and most likely attend more events than some other members, if I had been able to attend the AGM I would have done, not the case of (not being bothered) also everyone has a right to voice his/ her opinion whether they attend meetings or not.
Did you attend the Centenary run from Wolverhapton down to Plumstead? I did but that does not give me the right to knock anyone else that could not.
Malleon

Sammy Miller Museum

Post by Malleon »

The Officers and Committee members were elected by the attendees at the A.G.M.: there were some forty members present. Attendance at the Jampot Rally was nearly ten times this number, so where were the rest ?
Of the three thousand-plus members who were not present, only five gave apologies for their absence.
I wonder why.
Rob Harknett

Sammy Miller Museum

Post by Rob Harknett »

Those not attending the AGM can hardly speak, or put their hand up to vote if they are not there. Twist words how ever you like thats a fact. Nothing was said about a fully paid up member not having any say in the affairs of the club, if you dont go to an AGM. However, decissions such as Sammys honary membership has to be put to the members at an AGM. Read the rules for any details about proxy votes etc.
Yes a good many members atteded the rally but not the AGM, maybe they were quite happy to go along with comittee and members attending, getting on with the bussiness. Maybe with all the excitment, they simply forgot the time of the AGM. At one rally a run was organised at the same time as the AGM, we had wait till they had all gone before we could hear ourselves speak.
Flash

Sammy Miller Museum

Post by Flash »

Rob. The decision to give out an Honorary life membership usually, can only be given by the elected committee and not by members. So really it has nothing to do with the AGM, although members may their own opiinions
Rob Harknett

Sammy Miller Museum

Post by Rob Harknett »

Flash, Don't know where you got that from.
There were 2 members proposals at the 2011 AGM item 8 on the agenda.
Item 8b, proposal for Sammy Miller to be made a Honary member. The Club made the decission to honor Sammy Miller, not the committee. The whole membership were entitled to vote on the proposal. A vote was taken, the result in favour of the proposal.
Malleon

Sammy Miller Museum

Post by Malleon »

Flash,
Please see the Club's Articles of Association, Item 2.2, which states :-
"The Club may by ordinary resolution in general meeting admit any person as an honorary member in recognition of his meritorious services to the Club or to the marques promoted by the Club and any honorary member so admitted shall be entitled to the full rights and privileges of membership"
Et seq.
Some of the members present did have their own opinions about the resolution, as three abstained and two voted against !Edited by - Malleon on 27 Oct 2011 1:41:32 PM