Matchless 606 UA

Where is that old bike?
MrNasher

Matchless 606 UA

Post by MrNasher »

Hello to all members.

I'm looking to trace my fathers old Matchless, reg 606 UA and wondered if it is in ownership from one of the club members or someone has owned this in the past?

Images of said bike are on my Flicker stream,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nashville ... 0295763797

My father has an interesting history with Matchless/AJS bikes hving ridden them as a young man and notably competing in several ISDT's, one of which was the 1964 East German event.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I do know the bike asociated with the reg is showing as insured, so hopefully someone out there is using it!
Thank you.
clive

Re: Matchless 606 UA

Post by clive »

does not show up on the DVLA vehicle check site.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Was your father BA Nash?
The record on your flicker link shows him riding an AJS not a Matchless.
Sam
MrNasher

Post by MrNasher »

@Sam, that's correct for the 1964 ISDT event he had been loaned an AJS machine (possibly Gordon Jackson sourced he thinks?), hence the event record stating AJS, as I try to piece together his riding history, snippets have emerged that he used 606 UA for UK trials observation events and other machines for ISDT's, of which he entererd a few (Wales, Sweden, East Germany)
MrNasher

Post by MrNasher »

Update for the avid forum members and readers, I've added more clipping images from my fathers riding history. Notably there's a lovely shot of him riding the 'Valli Bergamasche Trial' and various other clippings from UK trials events, follow the Flickr link to view...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nashville ... 295763797/