Clutch problems Matchless G 9 1955

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
SPRIDDLER

Re: Clutch problems Matchless G 9 1955

Post by SPRIDDLER »

That's a bind. Where has it snapped - Presumably it can't be sorted - welded etc?

There's an ad in the Classified section but doesn't say for which Burman 'box. Might be worth a call...........

Two N1 Magnetos. Both working for single heavyweight. Two sets camshafts for 650 twins. Set camshaft followers. Box big end shells standard. Five pushrods for 650 twins. Set 350 heavyweight pushrod tubes. New kickstart lever to fit Burman box. Exhaust pipe usable fit 350 shortstroke. Reasonable offers accepted. Clive 01522 790671
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
MikeCrook

Post by MikeCrook »

Thanks Spriddler, it broke at the foot end across the threaded section.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

You may be able to drill it out and fit a new bar or a bolt. I'm told it's the same thread as a cycle pedal.
Dave.
Groily

Post by Groily »

If it's not the 'eye' at the top of the lever that has broken (ie it's just the bit at right angles for your boot that's snapped off), you should definitely be able to do a reasonable repair.
I can't remember the thread either (might very well be 'bicycle pedal' as Dave says), but I've been running for years on a bit of home-made because I couldn't find another one at the time (or wouldn't pay the price more likely!) - it's actually quite hard to tell it's a bodge.
MikeCrook

Post by MikeCrook »

Thanks all, I'll give it a go , Terry Weedy makes replacements with folding end , but has a 2 month lead time can't wait that long to ride the bike .