model 16ms

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
duncan57

model 16ms

Post by duncan57 »

Hi all, I'm looking for some help with a 55ish model 16ms. There is a bit of a tale, one family member persuaded another to buy a 350 and re-live his youth. He eventually decided that he would never complete the restoration / rebuild and it was decided - without my knowledge - to give it to me. I found out much later that there had been two bikes, divided up from the cardboard boxes that contained them. Anyway, I have mopped up the bits that could be fitted and actually got the engine running. There is, however, a gap at the top of the forks. I have a pair of headlamp brackets which have no means of locating the steering head, a collection of new bought chrome rings that don't appear to belong to the steering head or the headlamp brackets. There are some sidelights in the collection. Presumably these would located the headlamp shell and the securing stud will fit the headlamp brackets but not the headlamp shell - which is the type that holds the speedo. I'm not overly bothered about the sidelights anyway but am struggling to find out what I need to get to put everything together. The lower steering head has raised bosses which look like they might locate headlamp brackets - but not the ones I have. Can anyone give me a detailed description of the headlamp bracket layout

Cheers
dave16mct

Re: model 16ms

Post by dave16mct »

Page 55 of the manual shows the layout of the 1955 forks, headlamp brackets and fittings.http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Owners_m ... ingles.pdf
The headlamp brackets sit in alloy cups and a pair of spigots fit between the top of the brackets and the top yoke.
Post some pictures to help us identify what you've got.
Dave
Joker_Bones

Post by Joker_Bones »

IMG_20220606_212502.jpg
20220101_144434.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
duncan57

Post by duncan57 »

Hi guys thanks for the info, I will try and get photos

Cheers
clive

Post by clive »

Thats a useful picture of the parts Joker Bones but as Duncan 57 is unsure what should be fitted lets be clear. For a 55 machine the sidelights, headlight and speedo in your other picture are all non standard. That bottom crown assembly looks like competition rather than road model too.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix