Sussex Motorcycles - contact Info

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
John Leder

Sussex Motorcycles - contact Info

Post by John Leder »

Gentlemen

I'm trying to contact Sussex Motorcycles. I received a Thorspark kit for my 1952 16M from them and the Rotor was missing.
They haven't answered my email and haven't answered the phone number on their website.
The name on the Custom Declaration (I'm in the US) is Chris Williams from Blacklands.
Does anyone have additional contact info or a rotor? N1-4 6V + grnd.

Thank you in advance
John
SPRIDDLER

Re: Sussex Motorcycles - contact Info

Post by SPRIDDLER »

John Leder wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:14 pm Gentlemen

I'm trying to contact Sussex Motorcycles. I received a Thorspark kit for my 1952 16M from them and the Rotor was missing.
They haven't answered my email and haven't answered the phone number on their website.
The name on the Custom Declaration (I'm in the US) is Chris Williams from Blacklands.
Does anyone have additional contact info or a rotor? N1-4 6V + grnd.

Thank you in advance
John
Hi John.
The guy has/had a smallish corrugated iron shed among other artisan firms in ex-farm buildings at Blacklands Farm about wo miles from me. I went there a few years ago as he was promoting seat foam mods which I needed.
By coincidence I went round there being nosey a couple of weeks ago and the place was closed with all manner of rubbish and rusted bike bits outside, looking very abandoned.
He may be operating from a new location so I'll drop by tomorrow and check it out more thoroughly as there may be a notice of relocation, and I'll see if I can get any info of his whereabouts from the other businesses on the site.
Obviously if he's there I'll speak to him about your missing rotor.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
John Leder

Post by John Leder »

Spriddler

Much appreciated Thank you!
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Hi John.
I went to the farm this morning.
The blue ex-grain silo is the premises of Sussex Motorcycles. (It just goes to show how a sexy website can mislead people).
There wasn't anyone there but I found the site owner who said that Chris only turns up occasionally when it suits him.
I left a printed copy of your forum message with my contact number under the door of the silo (there's no letter box) and also left my contact details with the owner of an adjacent business unit who said he knew Chris.
Let me know if you hear from Chris and if you don't I'll drop round again on the off-chance of meeting with him.
CIMG7527.JPG
CIMG7530.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Leder

Post by John Leder »

Spriddler

Yes, you are correct about a sexy web-site. Thank you once again for taking your time to investigate and leaving contact information.
Perhaps I'll get lucky and he will respond? I guess I'll try to find someone in the US that can overhaul my magneto.

And the journey continues.
Owe you a beer!!
John
John Leder

Post by John Leder »

Spriddler

Well guess what, Chris contacted me via email and informed me that my emails had gone to his spam folder.
Rotor is in the mail & hope to have it by the end of next week!! That means the AJS should be ready for its first start attempt in who knows
how many years. Or should I say its first start attempt & then we see what else it is unhappy with.

Thanks once again.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Good result , well done Spriddler for getting this sorted
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Very satisfying result.
Although his premises are unprepossessing I'm sure that many of us have discovered that there are some first class 'one man band' engineering firms tucked away in lockups.
From time to time when out and about I have a snoop around the local business parks, which are very often repurposed farm buildings, on the lookout for 'old school' firms likely to undertake a bit of one-off machining, fabricating, straightening or welding, although they seem to be becoming more and more scarce, mostly due to retirement.