Rigid frame one piece rear mudguard support

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Invicta

Rigid frame one piece rear mudguard support

Post by Invicta »

I have a rear mudguard support arch part No. 013885 for my 1949 model 18, which I purchased from the club spares scheme and a new rear mudguard from India, (the quality of which is dreadful).

The support arch is over an inch too narrow to fit the frame and the two tubes welded to it will not fit over the mudguard fixing.. Before I start cutting these items with a slitting disc in the angle grinder and re riveting or welding them to get them to fit, can anyone please let me have the correct size between the centres of the two holes in the support arch. that is from the two short tubes to the middle of the mudguard fixing hole. Mine measures 9 5/8" and the holes in the mudguard fixings are 9 3/8"? Clearly one, or possibly both are incorrect Also the width overall of the mudguard fixings The one I have measures 5 3/4" and 5 5/8 They could not even make these rivetted on brackets the same size. As I said the quality leaves a lot to be desired. The mudguard blade is not even rolled from one piece of steel but is made up of three sections welded together along the entire length of the blade, so instead of a smooth radius across the width of the mudguard it is a series of ridges, but beggars can't be choosers and it was all that was available. Invicta