Horn Push Wiring

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Mick D

Horn Push Wiring

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I'm restoring a 53 G9, which according to the parts list should have a Lucas HP 26 horn push:
HP 26.png
This is screwed into the handlebar on the RH side next to the twist grip. Common sense would say that the wire would run inside the handlebar and exit just after the clamp on the LH side. Can anyone confirm that this would be as per original or advise otherwise if not?

Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bitza

Re: Horn Push Wiring

Post by bitza »

You are correct, solder wire to base of push, then feed it through the bars, our G9 was done that way.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Thanks Bitza

I've just noticed that the wiring clip on the headstock is on the RH side so I suppose the wire would exit just before the handlebar clamp, would you agree?

Regards Mick
bitza

Post by bitza »

There's a hole in the bars for wire exit , then route it to suit. I thought the clip was to hold the speedo cable. Had a look in my 53
Works spares book , the clip is listed with a ba thread screw plus a washer, I think the clip holds the speedo cable where it comes across the headstock to stop it rubbing on the fuel tank when turning, I could be wrong on this.