clutch & primary chain

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
56G80S

Re: clutch & primary chain

Post by 56G80S »

On topic - even when uncontaminated the clutch plates can stick together a bit, making the first gearchange clunky. Usual practice is to disengage the clutch and kick over a couple of times before actually starting.

Off topic - Thanks Dave, I've always associated "normal" with "average"; weird will do me. I did see Hawkwind all those years ago but only because a pal was playing his first gig in the support band. I have a catholic taste in music, attending a wide range of acts from Proms to Soft Machine, Pink Floyd to Blues Band, Squeeze to Mavericks, Fairport Convention to The Damned. Quite a list - Pink Fairies, London Youth Symphony, Atomic Rooster, Curved Air, Free, Edgar Broughton, Eric Clapton too many more. Madness later this year. Some say I've already achieved that.

Johnny B
Andy G

Post by Andy G »

Samuel wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:35 pm As per Google search...
Fuller's Earth can be used to decontaminate skin after nerve agent and other exposure. Fuller's Earth resembles clay in texture and form, but it is actually a superabsorbent form of aluminum silicate. Mostly composed of silica, magnesium, iron, and aluminum, it has been used for centuries to absorb dirt and oil.

"Blot, Bang, Rub"
Bombling contentedly around rural Aberdeenshire
anthony kosecki

Post by anthony kosecki »

Many thanks for all the info - glad to see I've done it right. Off topic - saw Groundhogs a year or two ago and have to admit Tony McPhee looked a bit dazed and confused himself!
Stay safe and thanks again.