Getting V5c from dating cert

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Tazmantic

Re: Getting V5c from dating cert

Post by Tazmantic »

Cheers guys think I’ll go v55 route, think things went tits up and loads of records were lost or incorrectly entered onto the system when it all went computerised I can remember shitting myself when the mot man told me my Ducati 916 didn’t exist 😱 when he tried to enter it onto the system for an mot he had to ring the dvla help line and they just told him to add it on, there was not even a 916 model on the list that came up but there was I think a 918 that doesn’t exist so can only presume they entered the list of models wrong which wiped off all 916, was a bit bum twitchy at the time 😬
Everyday’s a learning curve.
Soper55

Post by Soper55 »

HELP, this seems to be the page i need. Want to reclaim orig numberplate for my AJS14 ,I have owened the bike since 23June 1974 (bill of sale say so).
Have original Log Book and last MOT slip expired Oct 1974, also the bill of sale from last owner on log book (still in contact with him).
Have FormV765 to fill out,Have had club check year of manufacture .

So gentlemen what else do i need and what are my chances of reclaiming MY numberplate.
I was done (caught) for speeding on it once.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Tazmantic wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:15 pm Sorry guys another question, what year should I put? It’s a 1955 model but was manufactured September 1954 so should I put 1954??
Put 1955 as the frame is a one year only.
Roy
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Soper55 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:41 pm So gentlemen what else do i need and what are my chances of reclaiming MY numberplate.
Hi

Assuming the registration hasn't been re-allocated, (check it on the DVLA website):

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

Fill out the V765 and submit it and supporting documentation to the Dating Officer along with the Club fee. Once the Club has authenticated your V765 application it is submitted to the DVLA who, all being well, will issue you with a V5 under the original registration and return your submitted documents.

I carried out this process about a month ago and had my V5 back within three weeks :)

Good Luck Mick
Soper55

Post by Soper55 »

Mick,
Many thanks for your reply.
The number has not been used,,,checked web site. So now will be filling in form V765 and posting off asap.
Again many thaks for the help Mick.
Tazmantic

Post by Tazmantic »

So DVLA want an inspection, it’s all been booked should I worry 😫
clive

Post by clive »

I think the inspection will be checking the frame number is clearly stamped. If it's been painted and obscured it may be a problem. They are also checking that no major component is new I think as the registration is dated by the youngest. Wheel rims, suspension etc don't count for this I believe, it's primarily engine gearbox frame etc.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

When mine was inspected he brought a tin of chalk powder, blew it into the numbers and it showed up well. He took a lot of pictures and asked a lot of questions but nothing to worry about.
Dave.
bitza

Post by bitza »

When doing our G9 , dating certificate , two photos , left side and right side, frame no photo helps , the bike needs to be complete not in lumps, a call to DVLA , if they are up and running , but they deal with these from various clubs so they know the
Gen, in my case , reg no was issued first , documents came a week later, it' s pretty straight forward. The lady I spoke to knew told me what to send , her father had just age dated his velocette.
Tazmantic

Post by Tazmantic »

I’ve just had a really horrible thought…….. I’ve fitted a bracket to use my phone as a speedo on the bike is this going to be ok?

I do have a replica smiths speedo which I’m am going to make a bracket and fit at some point which I could do Sunday but I don’t have a speedo cable 😩