Twin center stand curved leg

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
LynP

Twin center stand curved leg

Post by LynP »

Hi, I the centre stand on my G12 has a slight outward curve on the leg on the side with the bar to put your foot on to hold it down as you put the bike on it (curbside), the other leg is straight. Is this as it should be or is it slightly bent from use? I ask because another I have is about the same. Any thoughts appreciated.
dave16mct

Re: Twin center stand curved leg

Post by dave16mct »

It should be straight.
Dave.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Time for an upgrade! I'll scarper now before the ads police arrive! :rofl: :rofl:
LynP

Post by LynP »

Hi, thank you Dave I will get onto straightening it. Good suggestion ajscombomam, I have considered your very highly thought of upgrade stands by those who have fitted them, but I am trying to keep the G12 as close to original as possible. (Hope you have not had to go into hiding from the adverts police)
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

He'll be along later no doubt.. I've just had a guy here with a very nice original twin and he's going the opposite way as he wants to be able to use his. Shall I pack one ready for Netley Marsh when you've changed your mind. :D
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:43 pm He'll be along later no doubt.. I've just had a guy here with a very nice original twin and he's going the opposite way as he wants to be able to use his. Shall I pack one ready for Netley Marsh when you've changed your mind. :D
What free delivery? I had to pay for mine because you were to mean to bring it to Kempton this coming Saturday
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

G15 Roy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:31 pm
ajscomboman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:43 pm He'll be along later no doubt.. I've just had a guy here with a very nice original twin and he's going the opposite way as he wants to be able to use his. Shall I pack one ready for Netley Marsh when you've changed your mind. :D
What free delivery? I had to pay for mine because you were to mean to bring it to Kempton this coming Saturday
I think you'll find Mr B that it was you who said " I need it yesterday, ship it asap as I can't wait!" which is typical of you, so impatient!! :D
LynP

Post by LynP »

Is Netley March on this year? as I have not heard anything, dates etc. If it is on I expect you will possibly have some of your stands available there and by then I might as you say be thinking differently, I will see how the rebuild goes.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

LynP wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:37 pm Is Netley March on this year? as I have not heard anything, dates etc. If it is on I expect you will possibly have some of your stands available there and by then I might as you say be thinking differently, I will see how the rebuild goes.
It is at the moment and we've booked our pitches in the usual place at the top of the hill.