Tin Chaincase seal.

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
ianw1

Tin Chaincase seal.

Post by ianw1 »

In the adverts section, there is a person selling Neoprene chaincase seals for tin chaincases, which state a cure for oil leaks. I recently fitted a seal bought from Feked & the minute I put oil in the chaincase, the seal leaked.
I've now ordered one of the seals which are advertised as a "cure" for oil leaks. Has anyone fitted one of these seals & are they really a cure for leaking oil?
Groily

Re: Tin Chaincase seal.

Post by Groily »

Tin (Chaincase) of Worms!
Loads of past posts on this one - and several good options.
The Buckingham one, as it was known and may still be, is good. The Club's one is good. What Steve Surbey sells, which may or mayn't be the same thing (but is what I have) is good.
40 + years of 'tolerated' leaks on mine all but eliminated in a few short minutes - and I didn't use a drop of goo. After years of people assuming I must be a goo-company shareholder.
(I did spend a bit of time with a light hammer and a little dolly just getting the tin bits as flat and flush as I could though - it does help.)
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I got mine from the club. Now the chaincase is the only part of the bike that never leaks!
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Taid

Post by Taid »

spookefoote1956 wrote:I got mine from the club. Now the chaincase is the only part of the bike that never leaks!
and you can reuse it and it still doesn't leak ..
___

Now sold ... 1956 AJS 16MS Bitsa .. HSU 414 .. rebuilt/re-registered 1987