56 G11 clutch

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
rodb

56 G11 clutch

Post by rodb »

Hi All,
I have replaced my clutch cable and straight away the clutch lever won't pull in .I have removed the springs and outer plate and exposed the push rod but when pulling in the clutch lever its still the same . i would have thought the push rod would have moved. I guess the problem is within the gearbox , do you think its a gearbox outer cover removal? and is that straight forward job?
How many plates should the clutch have , I have 4 but I think I have read 5 were fitted a well.
I would appreciate your comments

rodb

.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ have
dave16mct

Re: 56 G11 clutch

Post by dave16mct »

Take the filler cap off the gearbox. Push the pushrod with your finger and watch what happens at the gearbox end. pull the lever and watch what's happening. It should be easy to sort out once you see whats happening. Should be 5 friction plates on a G11.
Dave.
rodb

Post by rodb »

Thanks Dave, I have already done that and nothing moves, the push rod slides easily but gearbox end nothing. If i take gearbox outer cover off will it be easier to see what's happening?
rodb
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

I wouldn't do that untill you've looked through the filler cap hole. Get a screwdriver on the lever through the hole and see if you can move the clutch lever where the cable fits. be carefull not to damage your cable. I think you must have pulled the lever inside the cover 'over the top'. This can happen when the 3 ball bearings have worn a track. the thrust down in the clutch actuating mechanism can get worn down flat until it won't push the ball bearing and pushrod. It's easy enough to remove the cover. Read the manual first. http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Owners_m ... Manual.pdf
Dave.
rodb

Post by rodb »

thanks again dave.