Description and Dimensions of Hardware Queries

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Mick D

Description and Dimensions of Hardware Queries

Post by Mick D »

Hi

For anyone seeking information regarding the dimensions or specifications of hardware and who has already found the relevant part number, there is a very useful document here:

http://archives.jampot.dk/technical/Spe ... ashers.pdf

Regards Mick
Rob Harknett

Re: Description and Dimensions of Hardware Queries

Post by Rob Harknett »

The info is from Russell's website. That is of course only what they have in stock. For a complete list of all parts that were still in use up to 1951, When AMC changed to the new part numbers, look here. http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Spares_l ... ements.pdf
The file starts with supplements 55 & 56 supplements then the 54 main conversion book. Note this book has old and new pt. no's. also Burman & Amal Ino. Inner & outer cable lenghts etc. parts.
I put this top of the list in in Archives so it's easy to find. I keep reminding you all about this file. So book mark this file, not the one Mick gave, which has much less info and only 1941 onwards. Where as the file I put here goes back to circa 1920's STD parts. Rob
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Fair comment Rob, but I only mentioned hardware and the one I linked to is searchable and lists hybrid / Norton part numbers too. ;)

Regards Mick
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Mick D wrote:Fair comment Rob, but I only mentioned hardware and the one I linked to is searchable and lists hybrid / Norton part numbers too. ;)

Regards Mick
I am not able to search that file Mick. Probably because I'm still using win 7 or old version of chrome? The file was updated in 2017. Which was not of my doing.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Rob Harknett wrote:I am not able to search that file Mick. Probably because I'm still using win 7 or old version of chrome?
Hi Rob

Ctrl F will open a text input box where you can enter your search ;)

Regards Mick
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Mick D wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:I am not able to search that file Mick. Probably because I'm still using win 7 or old version of chrome?
Hi Rob

Regards Mick
That's what I did Mick ( press F1 ) but that's it. I am not able to search, the file is not compatible with my version of Chrome or Microsoft edge or win 7.
I will need to upgrade to win 10. I only have win 10 on a couple of laptops and spare desk top slow PC + a Mac PC. Only all in one my win 7 PC has all the software I use.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Rob Harknett wrote:
Mick D wrote:
Hi Rob

Regards Mick
That's what I did Mick ( press F1 ) but that's it. I am not able to search, the file is not compatible with my version of Chrome or Microsoft edge or win 7.
I will need to upgrade to win 10. I only have win 10 on a couple of laptops and spare desk top slow PC + a Mac PC. Only all in one my win 7 PC has all the software I use.
I'm using Windows 10 and Edge and can search Mick's doc using the search box that comes up when I press Ctrl and F.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Yes Neville I need win 10, guess I'll have to put it on. They probably disabled searching on win 7, they keep taking bits off each time there's a new win version. They took off the facility to log into websites when XP ended. By log into websites I mean log into websites to work on them maintaining, added files etc. I have to use WinSCP now
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

Rob Harknett wrote:That's what I did Mick ( press F1 ) but that's it. I am not able to search, the file .....
No Rob, the "Ctrl" key and the "F" key NOT the F1 key.

Alan
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Group Leader wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:That's what I did Mick ( press F1 ) but that's it. I am not able to search, the file .....
No Rob, the "Ctrl" key and the "F" key NOT the F1 key.

Alan
This tip from Plugsnpoints from the 'Memories of 2004' topic could be useful........... ;)
Plugsnpoints wrote:I have downloaded a free app to my mobile called Google Translate. It covers any language.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'