Twin - seat height

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Eamonn
Webmaster

Twin - seat height

Post by Eamonn »

From an email received:

I'm a small person. My first Matchless was a 250. Then I bought a G90CS which I still have. But for a person my age it's just a little too tall. I can't put both feet on the ground when I'm stopped. I'd like to know if a big bore twin would be significantly lower to the ground. There isn't one in my area I can look at. I have a Honda 750 twin, I don't know if a British bike is as low as that.

I've run a search on "seat height" but cannot find any actual heights mentioned (inches or centimetres) - there's talk of "low seat" heights but no actual measurements. Appreciating there will be differences depending on the type of tyres fitted along with wheel size, could anyone take the time when next in the garage to measure their seat height?

Many thanks.
Corners like a Lego man
REW

Re: Twin - seat height

Post by REW »

I found my model 20 seat a bit taller than the saddle of my rigid G3 but manageable compared with a Honda Transalp, which I had to sell. If the Honda 750 is the V twin 750S then that is lower than an AMC twin. If a late Norton framed twin is in question then that would be perfect for me and probably the enquirer too. I am 5' 8" btw
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
Joker_Bones

Post by Joker_Bones »

G12 on 19" wheels, 3.5" front 4.0" rear tyres, CS type dual seat = 32.25"
G9 on 19 wheels, 3.25" front 3.5" rear tyres, standard dual seat = 31"
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Perfect! Thank you.
Corners like a Lego man