Centre Stand

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
rodb

Centre Stand

Post by rodb »

Hello all,
i have a G9 that i am building up and is 90% built , but I cannot put the bike on the centre stand .Now i know I am no Charles atlas but my 40yr old son can't either. Its a if the stand is too long and therefore trying to get the bike up too high.
In my youth I remember it being so easy to roll the bike onto the stand.
Has anyone had the same problem or can anyone offer any advice, thanks in anticipation
rodb
ajscomboman

Re: Centre Stand

Post by ajscomboman »

Is this where I chime in about my easy roll on /roll off stands and run the risk of the adverts cop arriving on the scene? :rofl:
cop emoji.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Shhhh he's asleep! :D
OEW591

Post by OEW591 »

Rob's centre stands are much easier to use than the originals. Might need a stronger spring as they are a bit heavier.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

OEW591 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:58 pm Rob's centre stands are much easier to use than the originals. Might need a stronger spring as they are a bit heavier.
That's true they are heavier due to the solid centre bar, original factory springs hold it no problem but aftermarket ones don't seem to be the quality. However fear not as the club replacements are slightly stronger to cope.
rodb

Post by rodb »

thanks guys
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

If you want one for a twin with twin pipes I've only got 3 left and I'll be taking them along with the ones for singles to the Jampot.
clive

Post by clive »

dave16mct wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:49 pm Shhhh he's asleep! :D
No his daughter was getting married!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix

Post by 1608 »

As a temporary measure you can roll the bikes front wheel onto a tapered piece of wood, this will greatly assist with placing the bike on the stand, but obviously only when at home. There is a knack to placing the bike on the centre stand and that is to pull the bike backwards as well as lifting at the same time. Try it.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

1608 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:13 am As a temporary measure you can roll the bikes front wheel onto a tapered piece of wood, this will greatly assist with placing the bike on the stand, but obviously only when at home.
Shed ramp 2 (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'