Avon Trailrider tyres

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
oliver

Avon Trailrider tyres

Post by oliver »

Hi all - has anyone used these tyres ? I'm looking to replace ageing 21/18 MT43s on a 350 comp bitza and am considering the Avons since I only meet occasional mud and gravel these days (and getting tired of understeering, white lining etc). There seems to be a fair selection of sizes to suit my wm2/wm3 Akront rims. Any advice appreciated.
With thanks and regards,
Oliver N
Member 4446
Andy.S

Re: Avon Trailrider tyres

Post by Andy.S »

Hi Oliver
I have used them on my 2009 Royal Enfield 350 trials bike.
They are good on the road with good feel but off road once its gets muddy not that good at all.
But they would serve the purpose you are looking for.
If you want a more off road biased tyre try the Michelin Trial Competition X11 these are great off road but not quiet as good as the Avon's on road.
oliver

Re: Avon Trailrider tyres

Post by oliver »

Hi Andy - many thanks for this - confirms my feeling that the Avons might be a bit slippery, especially when meeting the open farm gate and heap of mud just around the bend on a wet Sunday. I hadn't clocked the Michelins...maybe too much like the MT43s ? There are a heap of tyre videos online, enough to waste a day or two. I'm thinking to maybe go for a dual sport chevron 60/40 pattern. I'll do some more research !
Thanks and all the best,
Oliver