46 Rigid engine plates.

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Steve64

46 Rigid engine plates.

Post by Steve64 »

Hi all , hope you are all well, I am wondering if someone could tell me if these are the correct engine plates for a 46 rigid 500 Matchless. The ones that came with the bike, un assembled of course, look different to the ones in the parts book.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you , Steve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duncan

Re: 46 Rigid engine plates.

Post by Duncan »

Hi Steve, that looks like a post 1950 engine plate you have (first picture), yours would have been the same as a WD one the "W41" in the parts book gives the first year of use as 1941. Although there are two different plates shown in the drawing you have posted (second picture) often only the one with the end extension for the gearbox adjuster is used on both sides.
Andy G

Post by Andy G »

Bombling contentedly around rural Aberdeenshire
Steve64

Post by Steve64 »

Thanks for your reply guys, both plates I have are identical, it looks like I have had the wrong ones from the start. Thanks for your help, I will try to find some here , if not I know that I can get some over there.
Cheers, Steve.
century

Post by century »

gday mate,got a 47 that i have converted to alloy,saw your text and looked at my old ones,one was different to the other ,it didnt matter as this is a bush machine,with the water cutters these days,cost almost nothing to repo and exact,cheers
bodgie dave
Steve64

Post by Steve64 »

Thanks for advise mate, that may be an option ,Thanks.