Monobloc problem

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Taid

Re: Monobloc problem

Post by Taid »

Mine has a brass float, but it has a great lump of solder where the needle sits .. is this normal?

I did try checking the fuel level (plastic pipe) but just couldn't get rid of the air bubbles in the pipe so couldn't work out the actual level ..

Whatever, the bike starts easily, hot or cold. .. barely needs a kick, just stroke it over and it's away ..
___

Now sold ... 1956 AJS 16MS Bitsa .. HSU 414 .. rebuilt/re-registered 1987
clive

Re: Monobloc problem

Post by clive »

Taid wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:00 pm Mine has a brass float, but it has a great lump of solder where the needle sits .. is this normal?

I did try checking the fuel level (plastic pipe) but just couldn't get rid of the air bubbles in the pipe so couldn't work out the actual level ..

Whatever, the bike starts easily, hot or cold. .. barely needs a kick, just stroke it over and it's away ..
The plastic needle will wear the copper plate where it sits on the float. A bit of solder would be a fix. If the bike starts easily hot and cold I would find something else to worry about.......I could provide a list of the things that have gone wrong on my AMC singles over the last 42 years. :rofl:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix