AJS Insurance

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
BrianDowning

AJS Insurance

Post by BrianDowning »

I'm having trouble getting insurance quotes on several online sites. It's my second bike, I own a home and a car, no convictions etc. The sites don't list a Model 8 as a choice so the closest I can get is a G3 LW. Any suggestions?

Brian
SPRIDDLER

Re: AJS Insurance

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Peter James Ins is the 'Go to' insurer for many of us.
Best to give 'em a call. Well-informed staff and no buttons to press............

https://www.peterjamesinsurance.co.uk/
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
BrianDowning

Post by BrianDowning »

Thanks!

Brian
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

I have all 6 of my machines on the same classic policy. That's with "RH Insurance" who advertise in the back of "Jampot". They very kindly included my '95 VFR750 as a "Classic"... Stop sniggering at the back there. It might be a classic one day!! :)
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
Andy G

Post by Andy G »

It is already a classic to me...wish I'd never sold mine!
Bombling contentedly around rural Aberdeenshire
CharlesDP

Post by CharlesDP »

Yes, I also use RH Insurance, no one else could compete with prices and help on my 5 bikes.
BrianDowning

Post by BrianDowning »

So why don't the sites list a Model 8 as a choice ... the closest I can get is a G3 LW?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

BrianDowning wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:03 am So why don't the sites list a Model 8 as a choice ... the closest I can get is a G3 LW?
I think most firms subcontract the creation of their websites and the designers have little or no expertise in the products.
It would be a tall (and expensive) requirement to have website designers put every make and model in the list. I find it far better to phone as it seems to me that websites are largely bait to attract enquiries from the perhaps 80% of potential customers to whom it is relevant.
My Chinese Herald Classic 250 wasn't listed on insurers' websites but I had no problem insuring it by phone.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

SPRIDDLER wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:49 am
I think most firms subcontract the creation of their websites and the designers have little or no expertise in the products.
It would be a tall (and expensive) requirement to have website designers put every make and model in the list. I find it far better to phone as it seems to me that websites are largely bait to attract enquiries from the perhaps 80% of potential customers to whom it is relevant.
My Chinese Herald Classic 250 wasn't listed on insurers' websites but I had no problem insuring it by phone.
Agreed... I always deal over the 'phone. They guys I talk to are very knowledgeable and it's all very easy and uncomplicated.
John
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
Tazmantic

Post by Tazmantic »

Have all mine with Hagerty never had an issue and seem very reasonably priced (though I’ve not tried others) staff are always friendly and they don’t charge for mid term alterations. Also when you have a few classics on the policy they will add more modern bikes (so I believe)
Everyday’s a learning curve.