2022 Alternative rally, Chiddingly, Sussex 23 - 25 September 2022

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Re: 2022 Alternative rally, Chiddingly, Sussex 23 - 25 September 2022

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Incidentally there's a bit of mis-information at the end of the Surrey section's 'Notes' in September's Jampot which has an edit to say that the Sammy Miller weekend was at Chiddingly (it was actually 100 miles away nr. New Milton in the New Forest) and the Alternative will be at Polegate, nr. Eastbourne.
Rest assured the Alternative will be at Chiddingly as advertised.
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Hi Neville, I've just checked with the Surrey Section Notes i sent on the 10th of August and they are exactly the same as are published in the September Jampot, there isn't any mention of Sammy Miller in the Notes I sent to Dave so I don't know where it came from.
MikeM. John Telfer's Section Notes typist .
clive

Post by clive »

g80csp11 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:34 pm its the same place , google still has the old name listed
there will be signs off the A22
Thanks a lot. I will leave you in peace now, cancel my usual Friday volunteer lock-keeping on the Grand Union Canal and aim to be there Friday morning, tent up and ready for the Friday run at 2pm.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Peter and I did a final visit to the campsite st the weekend. Look at the size of this!

30ED4FC6-6626-464A-AC37-D53FF317B06A.jpeg
One of our members had reservations that his camper was too
big to get into the site... I think he need not worry! :rofl:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Is that yours Peter?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

39speedtwin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:42 am Is that yours Peter?
Nah, that's not allowed (too modern) for the Alternative so he'll be taking his classic...........

Model T campervan.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

39speedtwin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:42 am Is that yours Peter?
No, Not ours Dud, wouldn't mind one though!

It was parked in the campsite when me and Peter G went last weekend the check some final details.

It's not only long, both sides of it have sections that extend out about 3'
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Who is riding to the Alternative on a AJS or Matchless , It will be good to see who gets the furthest traveled award ( J A Trant award) and has the honour of getting our keepsake

Does anyone have a picture of the J A Trant award ? , I cant find one anywhere so it will be a surprise what comes down in the van from Kettering
you even get to hold the award for official pictures !
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I spent most of yesterday checking out my motorhome equipment ready for using it as a check-in/refreshment/security point for the Alternative rally.
It's parked in my drive tight against a fence which is about 6 feet from a neighbour's kitchen wall.
My LPG powered fridge took a lot of worrying attempts to light and after it had been on for about 20 seconds there was a distinct sound of water gurgling. However, it didn't seem to be coming from the fridge at all when I listened inside it and at the outside vent but seemed to come from an under-seat locker where the domestic water pump is buried. I assumed the pump or piping had sprung a leak, but by the time I had removed the seat cushions and unscrewed the locker top the gurgling had stopped and there didn't seem to be any leaks at the pump. Just after I had screwed back the top and replaced the cushions it started again. I then dismantled the panelling enclosing the water heater but no leaks there either and the noise had stopped. I stood up to ease my aching back and while I was gazing exasperated and idly out of the side window the noise started again. It was then that I spotted my neighbour's washing machine outlet pipe gurgling into the drain.

:roll:
CIMG2318.JPG
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

SPRIDDLER wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:12 am I spent most of yesterday checking out my motorhome equipment ready for using it as a check-in/refreshment/security point for the Alternative rally.
It's parked in my drive tight against a fence which is about 6 feet from a neighbour's kitchen wall.
My LPG powered fridge took a lot of worrying attempts to light and after it had been on for about 20 seconds there was a distinct sound of water gurgling. However, it didn't seem to be coming from the fridge at all when I listened inside it and at the outside vent but seemed to come from an under-seat locker where the domestic water pump is buried. I assumed the pump or piping had sprung a leak, but by the time I had removed the seat cushions and unscrewed the locker top the gurgling had stopped and there didn't seem to be any leaks at the pump. Just after I had screwed back the top and replaced the cushions it started again. I then dismantled the panelling enclosing the water heater but no leaks there either and the noise had stopped. I stood up to ease my aching back and while I was gazing exasperated and idly out of the side window the noise started again. It was then that I spotted my neighbour's washing machine outlet pipe gurgling into her outside drain.

:roll:
It's an age thing| :rofl: