decent fuel taps

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
century

decent fuel taps

Post by century »

can any one recommend fuel taps that work,my bin has been littered with rubbish's ones,most worked in days gone bye
bodgie dave
39speedtwin

Re: decent fuel taps

Post by 39speedtwin »

Vintage Replica in the Czeck Rep. All on his website, not cheap but the best.
clive

Post by clive »

Just to hijack this thread. Put some E10 in the nearly empty tank of my G3 rigid. Was it coincidence that the next day one of the fuel pipes went porous? Fine up til then and relatively new. I had some ethanol proof pipe from the club but could not remember which it was from the selection of bits i have. Found one marked fuel seems ok.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
les ward

Post by les ward »

I have used the ethanol proof fuel taps from the club spares scheme and they have worked well.

Any fuel pipe marked R6, R7, R8 or R9 is ethanol proof at current ethanol levels. R6 is the most common.
century

Post by century »

thanks all,will try new places
bodgie dave
Matt_in_QLD_Aus

Post by Matt_in_QLD_Aus »

Some 'food for thought' regarding fuel taps.
I recently ordered a reproduction fuel tank for my M30 AJS from Royal Choppers in India (and I'm happy with their service and product!).
I asked them to supply the tank with larger 1/4 BSPP ports in lieu of the standard 1/8 BSPP. This extra size allows me to make adapters to fit any type of fuel tap that is available on the open market.
Subsequently, I bought a few cheap taps for A$15 from a lawn mower repair shop. These taps feature M16X1.5 male threads, so I then made adapters to suit (see pics either on this post or shortly after). Additionally, the adapter is internally threaded 1/8 BSPP so I can also use them with the ubiquitous standard 1/8 BSPP male fuel taps.
Not sure how good these 'lawn mower' fuel taps are because I've yet to install the new tank on my AJS, but I assume that 50,000+ lawn mower owners can't be wrong!
Matt_in_QLD_Aus

Post by Matt_in_QLD_Aus »

images of adapters for fuel taps. see also my previous post.
FuelTap B.jpg
fuelTap A.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
century

Post by century »

gday matt,will take that on board for sure,a lot of rubbish out there and bought most of of them for sure,for a quick fix grabbed a victa plastic job same thread,using it now until i find your tap,works well though but would be like running the gamete at a meet,cheers
bodgie dave